Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hello readers. I would just like to take the time to recommend a book to anyone who is interested in learning more about the science of sound. The book is How Music Works by John Powell, and it is quite interesting!! It even comes with a cd, which is always a plus. . . .John Powell also has a talent for delivering very funny quips. . . so I never got bored while reading. I bought this book at Changing Hands Bookstore in the valley after being quite intrigued when I read the question printed on the back cover, "Why are ten violins only twice as loud as one?" This book is explicit enough so people who never learned any kind of theory in their life can understand, but goes in depth enough so that people who think they know something about theory (*cough* me *cough*) can learn a few things from it, too. All in all it's a great book, and, well, just go buy it and see for yourself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment